Treatment of Panic Disorder and Anxiety Disorder in New York, NY~ Dr. Dmitry Malkin
Anxiety is a feeling that everyone recognizes. Who does not remember feeling worried before a job interview, important exam or medical test? During these stressful moments in life, feeling anxious is entirely reasonable.
There are some of us who find it harder to contain our worries; feelings of anxiety have a significant impact on our day to day lives. It may be the case that you find it difficult to ascertain the precise source of your fears or compulsions, which may be frustrating given how formidable the symptoms appear. Dr. Dmitry Malkin is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of all panic and anxiety disorders.
Anxiety is the primary symptom of several conditions, including:
- Panic disorder
- Phobias – such as agoraphobia or claustrophobia
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
There is no known singular cause of Anxiety Disorder, although it is most likely a combination of several factors. Although there are many cases of people developing an Anxiety Disorder for no apparent reason at all, clinical research has discovered that contributory factors may include:
- Over activity in areas of the brain involved in emotions and behaviour.
- An imbalance of the brain chemicals serotonin and noradrenaline, which are involved in the control and regulation of mood.
- The genes you inherit from your parents – you are estimated to be five times more likely to develop Anxiety Disorder if you have a close relative with the condition.
- Having a history of stressful or traumatic experiences, such as domestic violence, child abuse or bullying.
- Having a painful long-term health condition, such as arthritis.
- Having a history of drug or alcohol misuse.
Dr. Dmitry Malkin is an expert in many methods used to treat the symptoms of Anxiety Disorder, primarily employing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in conjunction with psychopharmacology and herbal supplements. With correct treatment, many people can manage their anxiety symptoms and take back control of their lives.
Whatever your circumstances or needs, Dr. Malkin is the experienced professional who can guide you through an effective treatment.